Day 1 : Arrive at Madagascar’s Ivato International Airport
– Transfer to a hotel in Antananarivo
Day 2 : Departure for Antsirabe and Miandrivazo.
– Discover the highland landscapes
– Visit a small workshop where the inhabitants are craftspeople in the manufacture of aluminum pots.
– Visit the lakes of the volcanic craters Triitriva and Andraikiba in Antsirabe, before heading west to Miandrivazo.
– Arrive in the evening at Miandrivazo (the Tsiribihina River embarkation point).
Accommodation in a Hotel in Miandrivazo .
Day 3 : Departure / transfer to the pier of the Tsiribihina river, and descend the Tsiribihina River by rowing canoe or motor boat.
– Arrive at the end of the afternoon at the Anosiampela waterfall in the Bemaraha gorge
Day 4 : Swimming in the Anosiampela natural swimming pool and departure by canoe or motor boat to reach the village of Berevo or Ambatomisay
– Pass through the small village of Begidro, a big tobacco growing area.
Day 5 : Half-day descent on the Tsiribihina river by canoe or motor boat, to reach the village of Tsaraotana or the town of Belo sur Tsiribihina where we leave the boats.
– Afternoon: Departure by 4X4 to reach the village of Bekopaka (Tsingy Bemaraha Park)
– Cross two rivers by ferry (Tsiribihina and Manambolo) to arrive in the evening at Bekopaka
Accommodation at a hotel in Belopaka.
Day 6 : Departure early in the morning to reach the entrance to Tsingy Bemaraha park,
– Morning – walking tour of the “Big Tsingy” site
– Afternoon – visit the “Little Tsingy” site
Accommodation in the same hotel as Day 5.
Day 7 : 2 hour visit by canoe into the Manambolo gorge to see and observe the various rock formations (stalactites and stalagmites which form the Tsingy).
– After visiting Manambolo, departure to Kirindy Park (dry forest), passing through the town of Belo sur Tsiribihina.
– Afternoon, free time in the park.
– Evening / night walk to observe the different species of nocturnal lemurs, geckos, chameleons and other species that come out in the dark. The famous “fossa” (Madagascar’s large endemic feline) can also be found here.
Accommodation at the Kirindy Park hotel.
Day 8 : Day walk in Kirindy Park to observe lemurs and birds etc … (and sometimes the fossa by day)
– Afternoon: departure for Morondava, via the baobab road. Visit the so-called “baobabs in love”, and then experience sunset at the magnificent “avenue of the baobabs”, before arriving at the seaside town of Morondava.
Accommodation in a hotel in Morondava
Days 9, 10 and 11 : Seaside stays in Morondava or Belo sur Mer (Note: Belo sur Mer is 3 hours from Morondava by 4×4 vehicle or motor boat)
Accommodation at a seaside hotel.
Day 12 : Transfer to Morondava airport and departure to return to Antananarivo.
– Transfer to your hotel in Antananarivo
Day 13 : City tour with a local guide to visit the big city of Antananarivo (and capital of Madagascar).
– Return to your hotel, or transfer to Ivato International Airport for your flight home. Bon Voyage!
End of program.